Witch of the Cards
- Genre: paranormal historical suspense
- Publisher: Konjur Road Press
- Publication: March 2016
- ISBN 13: 978-0-9848282-6-5
- ISBN 13: 978-0-9848282-7-2
- Number of pages: 265
- Cover Artist: Mae I Designs
Fiera was born a sea witch with no inkling of her power. And now it might be too late.
Witch of the Cards is historical, supernatural romantic suspense set in 1932 on the Jersey shore. Twenty-two year-old Fiera has recently left the Brooklyn orphanage where she was raised, and works in Manhattan as a nanny. She gets a lucky break when her boss pays for her short vacation in Asbury Park. One evening, Fiera and her new friend Dulcie wander down the boardwalk and into Peter Dune’s Tarot & Séance, where they attend a card reading.
Fiera has always had an unsettling ability to know things before they happen and sense people’s hidden agendas. She longs to either find out the origin of her powers or else banish them because as is, they make her feel crazy. When, during the reading, her energies somehow bond with Peter Dune’s and form an undeniable ethereal force, a chain of revelations and dangerous events begin to unspool. For one, Fiera finds out she is a witch from a powerful sea clan, but that someone is out to stop her blossoming power forever. And though she is falling in love with Peter, he also has a secret side. He’s no card reader, but a private detective working to expose mediums. Despite this terrible betrayal, Fiera must make the choice to save Peter from a tragic Morro Cruise boat fire, or let him perish with his fellow investigators. Told in alternating viewpoints, we hear Fiera and Peter each struggle against their deep attraction. Secrets, lies, even murder, lace this dark fantasy.
All of my life, I was simply called Ivy Lorena. How could this shuddering man know more? My heart rang like a gong against my ribs.
“Oh, Ivy?” Mr. Dune implored. He grabbed a card deck from a basket on a shelf. In three long strides, he was in front of me, looking as imposing and dashing as he had when we’d entered his establishment. “I want you to have this.” He held it out.
One of his illustrated Tarot decks wrapped in cellophane! A hot flush of pleasure and embarrassment shivered up my neck. “Oh, I couldn’t, really.” I didn’t even know him. Why would he do this? “It doesn’t seem right. I can’t pay you.”
“I insist.” He held it out further, the light glinting off his silver fox-head ring.
- Amazon US: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01COACFVU
- Amazon UK: http://tinyurl.com/hze9ekh
- iBooks: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/id1091149257
- Kobo: https://store.kobobooks.com/en-us/ebook/witch-of-the-cards
- B&N/Nook: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/witch-of-the-cards-catherine-stine/1123499606?ean=2940152837797
- Inktera: http://www.inktera.com/store/title/f9bcdfce-e947-4cc0-a5e7-d19d681acb49
- Amazon CA: https://www.amazon.ca/Witch-Cards-Catherine-Stine-ebook/dp/B01COACFVU
- Amazon AU: http://www.amazon.com.au/Witch-Cards-Catherine-Stine-ebook/dp/B01COACFVU
About the Author:
Catherine Stine’s novels span the range from futuristic to supernatural to contemporary. Her YA sci-fi thrillers Fireseed One and Ruby’s Fire are Amazon bestsellers and indie award winners. Her YA, Dorianna won Best Horror Book in the Kindle Hub Awards. Heart in a Box, her contemporary YA was an Amazon Hot New Release in Teen and Alternative Family for over eight weeks. She also writes romance as Kitsy Clare. Her Art of Love series includes Model Position and Private Internship. Book three, Girl and the Gamer, launches this summer. She suspects her love of dark fantasy came from her father reading Edgar Allen Poe to her as a child, and her love of contemporary fiction comes from being a jubilant realist. To unwind she loves to watch “bad” reality TV and travel to offbeat places.
- Catherine’s website: http://catherinestine.com/wp/
- Newsletter: http://goo.gl/V7QltB
- Blog: http://catherinestine.blogspot.com/
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/kitsy84557/
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1018139.Catherine_Stine
- Catherine on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/authorcatherinestine
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/crossoverwriter
One $30 gift card, one signed paperback of Dorianna (or eBook), one signed paperback of Witch of the Cards (or eBook), one super-swag pack of Catherine’s personally designed greeting cards. Enter – it’s a Rafflecopter giveaway.